Fraudulent use of the DHL brand
Fraudulent attempts are being made on the Internet and in e-mails by criminal organisations to misuse the company names of well-known firms. The DHL brand is also occasionally damaged in this context.
DHL accepts no liability for any damage arising from such fraudulent activities.
Malicious "SPAM" emails
Unfortunately, more and more "SPAM" e-mails have been circulating recently. The "SPAM" emails can have different subject lines. Currently, these usually start with "Delivery of your shipment... ", "Delivery notification... " or "Parcel delivery..." including an alleged tracking ID.
As soon as the recipient clicks on the included Internet link, malicious software is downloaded from the Internet.
How can you detect malicious "SPAM" e-mails?
- Check the sender of the "e-mail": Who is the actual sender of the "e-mail"?
For example, it looks like an "e-mail" from your telephone service provider, but look closely. Often, only one letter is omitted (e.g., "Telkom" instead of "Telekom", etc.) or characters are added (e.g., "Tele.kom", etc.).
- Look closely at the subject line: Does the "subject" really have anything to do with you? If it concerns a telephone company of which you are not a customer, then something might be wrong.
- Check the language: Is the grammar not correct, are there many spelling errors in the text, is the "e-mail" written in English even though you are a German customer? These are other signs that something is wrong with the "e-mail".
- Check file attachments or "links": Special care is required here! Never click on file attachments or "links" if you are not absolutely sure that this "e-mail" is real and you know the sender! Attached files may contain malicious "software" which (for example) is run as soon as you open the file and click "Activate macros" or click on the "Link".
What to do:
- Never open these e-mails
- Do not click on the link/tracking ID
- Do not open any attachments (if there are any)
- Forward this spam e-mail as an attachment in a new e-mail to: Phishingfirstname.lastname@example.org
- AND delete the e-mail!